Current and updated records of the lake’s levels and fluctuations. The level of Lake Cumberland usually varies greatly during the year, as it is a deep reservoir used for flood control of the sometimes wild Cumberland River. In recent years the level is being maintained around 680 feet above sea level for safety while work progresses on upgrading Wolf Creek Dam.
- Current lake level is 711.77 feet above mean sea level
- Lake level change (approximate): 0.36 in 24 hrs
- Current surface water temperature: 78.8 °F measured at State Dock, live sensor reading courtesy forum member lake4fun.
- Latest Corps of Engineers water temperature: 49 ° F degrees at the surface, 48 degrees from 5 to 20 feet and 47 degrees from 20 to 30 feet. (measured at Lees Ford Marina on March 14.)
- To control the lake to around 680 feet above sea level for safety issues at Wolf Creek Dam, after recent rains release of water was increased to a continous very high output. As a result, the river below the dam is high and fast. The lake is about 39-41 feet below the tree line which historically is about 725′ above sea level. However, there is still a massive volume of water in the huge and deep lake, and the surface area remains one of the largest in the eastern U.S.
Above data is updated daily around daybreak, and may be considered current. For latest readings click the following clinks to reporting sites…
- Current Wolf Creek Dam statistics (Source: TVA)
- History graph of lake level (Source: USACE)
- Fishing conditions, water temperature (Source: USACE)
Lake level records (click to view)—
- 2011 recorded daily level and surface temperature
- 2010 recorded daily level and surface temperature
- 2009 recorded daily level and surface temperature
- 2008 recorded daily level and surface temperature
- 2007 recorded daily level and surface temperature
- LAKE CUMBERLAND YEARLY RECORDS 1950-2008
|The high water mark for the past decade—
The low water mark for the past few years—
The highest recorded water levels—
The lowest recorded water levels—
Lake Cumberland general statistics—
Lake Cumberland averages (source: USACE)—
Note: Format of data and original data on this page is proprietary and ©2007-2009 lakecumberland.com / You may link to this page but it may not be copied and used on any other web site without permission. Any link must include the word “lakecumberland.com”