Welcome to Lake Cumberland

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JSG

Lock Down\Shut Down\Kill the Economy Impact

So for anyone still checking this place, what changes have you seen at the lake due to little Andy's orders? I have seen fewer people for sure over the last 2 months. There have been fewer people at their cottages, on the ramp, and at the marina. However those I have seen at the ramp or marina have been acting like there is nothing new. They have not been doing any "social distancing" and I have not seen one mask, pair of gloves, or bottle of hand sanitizer in use.

As we have finally started to get warmer weekends and everyone has become tired of Andy's dictates, I have seen more traffic on the ramp and the marina has more boats sitting on the lifts but it is still noticeably less busy that in years past. Last weekend, less than half our slips (Pleasant Hill) had boats. Normally, 95% of the slips are  in use by now. Is it this way everywhere on the lake? I have to imagine it will be busy this weekend at least since it is a holiday and I really believe most people have had their fill of "Healthy at Home".

On 5/19/2020 at 7:48 AM, JSG said:

So for anyone still checking this place, what changes have you seen at the lake due to little Andy's orders? I have seen fewer people for sure over the last 2 months. There have been fewer people at their cottages, on the ramp, and at the marina. However those I have seen at the ramp or marina have been acting like there is nothing new. They have not been doing any "social distancing" and I have not seen one mask, pair of gloves, or bottle of hand sanitizer in use.

As we have finally started to get warmer weekends and everyone has become tired of Andy's dictates, I have seen more traffic on the ramp and the marina has more boats sitting on the lifts but it is still noticeably less busy that in years past. Last weekend, less than half our slips (Pleasant Hill) had boats. Normally, 95% of the slips are  in use by now. Is it this way everywhere on the lake? I have to imagine it will be busy this weekend at least since it is a holiday and I really believe most people have had their fill of "Healthy at Home".

We just came home from a week at our boat.  Gonna let the crowds have it for Memorial Day.  Our marina and ramp was pretty much the same as what you said JSG, except almost all were making a point of staying 6 feet apart and not gathering on each other's boats like we normally do.  I expect all of that to fall apart during the holiday weekend.  Stay at home orders are ending in KY and Ohio and I believe many are hitting the road to all Kentucky lakes.  Many ramps are going to be closed or difficult to use due to high water.  

Well it appeared to be the normal chaos of every holiday weekend at the lake. The biggest difference I saw was in Russell Springs and Jamestown. None of the restaurants seem to have reopened their dining rooms and were continuing to close early. I have to think a lot of money was missed there.

The ramp at PH was worse than normal since there was not enough space to turn around at the bottom and because the normal parking for golf carts and side by sides was under water. It was entertaining watching a lot of 24' plus boats being backed all the way down the hill. 

I did not see one mask in use at the marina or ramp. The only place I saw any masks were Kroger and food servers.