Welcome to Lake Cumberland

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wcmboater55

Lake Cumberland Marina Expansion

Ok, I'll jump in and start a topic to see what happens.

On April 13th, the COE issued their "Draft Environmental Assessment (EA) and unsigned Finding of No Significant Impact" report with an invitation for written comments for a 30 day period which ends today.  This is in response to J.D. Hamilton's request to expand his Lake Cumberland Marina footprint to extend all the way to the old Alligator I ramp.  I received the email, but I'm not sure how I got on their list.  The main document is over 80 pages long and explains every detail and the entire history of the project.  I'm sure many of you received this as well.  I will attempt to share it on this post.

The discussions on FaceBook have been very emotional and somewhat immature for the most part, which is why I prefer forums like this one.  We boat out of Wolf Creek Marina, so I have a keen interest but can't really say I have a dog in this fight.  People who regularly use the Ally 1 ramp are fiercely protective of that park, and I understand that.  

I'd like to hear from others;   1) Do you think the COE will allow this to go forward, and 2) if so, do you think current economic conditions will delay or stop it?

LCM proposal.PNG

DRAFT_Environmental_Assessment_for_Lake_Cumberland_Marina_Expansion__13_....pdf

Notice of Availibility_ Lake Cumberland Marina Expansion 13 April 2020 (1).pdf

Unsigned FONSI_ Lake Cumberland Marina Expansion_ Russell County Kentucky.pdf