Welcome to Lake Cumberland

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AllDodge

Gas n Water Marina Saga

This is 2 incidents which happened at a DH Marina (no Names)

Last year, guy brings his 40 footer in and tells the dock hand to fill it up.  He starts pumping, the owner goes in the store and later pays for the gas and heads back to his marina.  On the way back he notices one tank shows full and the other doesn't.  Later that evening, boat water is being used to rinse things and they smell gas.  The other marina filled his water tank with gas.  The marina agreed to fix, and not getting into how the repair was done.

This year another boat, 37 footer pulls into the same marina and says put $50 in each.  (Meaning each tank, but dock hand misunderstood as 50 gallons each)  In any case, the one tank holds 60 gallons and by the time he came out of the store gas was gushing out the tank into the water, the pump did not shut off.  He had about 30 gallons in the tank before filling, and the pump showed it had pumped 62 gallons before it was shut off.  So 30 sum gallons of gas went into DH.  Owner of the boat said, you fill the other tank, and I'll pay twice what ever went into the second tank

Wonder if you guys have any kind of things like that happen at other lakes and docks?

Heard there was one at burnside today looking to get gas pumped out of their holding tank.

Ha d a girl put 5 gallons in a fishing pole holder on one of my towboats last season at Jamestown. Right into the bilge. Pulled the boat on the trailer, pulled the plug and drained into a couple buckets on the ramp. No one there had a clue how to handle it, or what to do. I only had my back turned a few seconds. 

Guess maybe it happens way more time then we know

Interesting.  I've found dock hands tend to ignore me unless I have a couple of young girls in bikinis with me.  In that case (only twice) they have come running and one almost ended up in the lake when two collided.  I pump myself but then we're talking a pontoon so very limited orifices to put gas into for someone to screw up - even me. 

Bikini's are the universal fix for most things.

I went to a marina and filled up with gas and they did put the gas into the fuel tank which is correct. I then ask them to put fresh water into my fresh water tank and they filled up my waste water tank instead. That was a easy fix, they just had to pump out my waste tank which is clearly marked. At least it wasn't fuel . I watch very closely now any time I get fuel, water  or pump out done to my boat.

4 hours ago, FAUBUSH said:

Bikini's are the universal fix for most things.

Does Mrs J know you have been studying the subject?

5 hours ago, Big Mamma Jamma said:

I went to a marina and filled up with gas and they did put the gas into the fuel tank which is correct. I then ask them to put fresh water into my fresh water tank and they filled up my waste water tank instead. That was a easy fix, they just had to pump out my waste tank which is clearly marked. At least it wasn't fuel . I watch very closely now any time I get fuel, water  or pump out done to my boat.

So they stuck a fresh water hose into your pump out, I hope they sanitized it before next use...

18 hours ago, Spoonbill said:

Does Mrs J know you have been studying the subject?

While her bikini days are past, bikinis are like a nice car or boat, its nice to look at but I usually cannot afford the price.

Yes, an equity split for you would be very expensive. Better stick with cars and toys to look at.

Several reports of water in gas from people who filled up over Thunder Run weekend at Wolf Creek.  Fuel supplier came and tested tanks and found minimal condensation.  WCM has loooooong  run of pipe from shore to pumps and has experienced numerous leaks since we've been here.  I will buy at Ally or State while if needed.

On 6/18/2018 at 4:38 PM, mcraftman said:

So they stuck a fresh water hose into your pump out, I hope they sanitized it before next use...

Yes they did clean the hose off but it does make you think about it a lot. If your water tastes crappy you'll know why. You get young people who work there for the summer and are not paying attention but at least they did try to clean it off .

1 hour ago, Big Mamma Jamma said:

Yes they did clean the hose off but it does make you think about it a lot. If your water tastes crappy you'll know why. You get young people who work there for the summer and are not paying attention but at least they did try to clean it off .

I hope there was Clorox involved!

5 hours ago, Big Mamma Jamma said:

What's a little waste among friends!

1 hour ago, Just Saying said:

What's a little waste among friends!

Have some friends that get wasted but, that's a crappy idea ;)