Welcome to Lake Cumberland

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian

The Weather

I always heard that the weather was the most frequently talked about topic between people. Not on this forum I guess, from the lack of activity. So I'll start a conversation about the weather. Here's what I think - Last week of April..."Brrr it's freezing"......second week of May "Holy ++++ it's hot":wacko:

I retired at the beginning of March with big plans to plow through my pre-season boat list including some items that I've put off for years.  "weather will just be starting to get nice", I said.  "it will be getting up to the 70s in March and April", I said.  "we'll be taking the boat to coves by April 15th", I said.  Then, I don't think we had 2 sunny days the next 6 weeks.  The lake shot up to 728 feet.  I was seriously considering drinking as a hobby.

I made a vow not to complain about the heat, no matter what.   

Well from a fishing point of view... 3 weeks ago I was complaining the water was heating too slow. It was 57 and I really wanted 60. Last Sat the water was 72 in Caney and 74 in Lily. Too warm! To add even more consternation, the Corps was pulling the bottom out of the lake 2 Fridays back. My anticipated Largemouth fishing was way more pleasurable that what reality has shown this spring.

IDK about the LC area, but it's been near 90 for the past 3 or 4 days here in Cincinnati. And humid. Didn't cool down till the wee hours. I think we're finally beginning to get a break as I was outside just a few minutes ago and it feels notably drier and cooler. I just hope the past week was a freak thing and the real heat is going to hold off until the usual July-August time frame. 90 degrees is just too hot for the month of May this far north.