Welcome to Lake Cumberland

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slipperywhenwet_too

Sell of Alligator ll and Indian Hills Resort

Any details on the pending sell?  The gossip is buyer already owns one marina on the lake.  There is a lot of activity/ repairs happening to the cabins.  Also a few breakins and stolen TVs.

I hope it is JD Hamilton.  A private owner, not a huge corporation would be great.  He has done a good job with Lee's Ford.

Maybe Burnside will annex it and Hal will help with parking and C.O.E. .

10 hours ago, Slipperywhenwet_too said:

I hope it is JD Hamilton.  A private owner, not a huge corporation would be great.  He has done a good job with Lee's Ford.

We heard a couple months ago that he was planning to buy it.  We also heard they were planning a large dock addition specifically for floating cabins.  Please understand that this was just dock rumor chatter.  I don't have connections to anybody who would have inside information.

57 minutes ago, wcmboater55 said:

We heard a couple months ago that he was planning to buy it.  We also heard they were planning a large dock addition specifically for floating cabins.  Please understand that this was just dock rumor chatter.  I don't have connections to anybody who would have inside information.

I heard the exact thing from Alli2 and that it is in the due diligence phase.

Does anybody have any new info on this?  Somebody at my dock heard yet another supposed closing date.  I just laughed because we have heard "end of the month" at least 4 times over the winter and spring.

Rumor I heard was Hamilton wanted the old Alligator 1 ramp area for his floating cabins.  I hope this isn't true.

3 minutes ago, Slipperywhenwet_too said:

Rumor I heard was Hamilton wanted the old Alligator 1 ramp area for his floating cabins.  I hope this isn't true.

I have heard the same thing. 

I have heard the floating cabin plans along with the numerous false closing dates since before Christmas.  There's not much reason to believe the 8/22 date, based on past history.  I don't have a dog in this fight, but it must be annoying for the slip customers to be on hold for so long.  Much like a used car, there's probably only bare minimum maintenance going on with a sale in the works.  

There's always been bare minimum maintenance there in my opinion and I've been there over 10 years!

17 hours ago, knotforlong said:

There's always been bare minimum maintenance there in my opinion and I've been there over 10 years!

That's one of the reasons I have been at State Dock for the last several years. They are always updating and doing maintenance at SD . I know they charge more but I feel the docks are in great shape and there is always something going on there entertainment wise. If you need something for your boat they usually have it at the tool room and advice on how to fix it. My only complaint is the wifi connection is on an off a lot but they said they are working on that to make it better. Oh , and the food at the Tiki bar and grill is not very good , other than that I'm a happy slip renter.

20 hours ago, knotforlong said:

We run over to Ally 2 quite often for big time breakfast or visit the ships store.  I've always liked the laid back atmosphere and friendly folks there, and figured that's where we'd move if Suntex continued to screw up.  I would not consider it now with a sale in the works to the person I've heard is buying it.  Fortunately, we have a new manager who is trying very hard to get a handle on things.  

As long as this "sale" has taken, I may not ever have to worry about it :lol:

The sale closed Friday 8/24/18.  Info started trickling around our dock and online during the weekend, but no official announcements.  

Thank you wcmboater55.  It will be interesting to see how quickly things change in the area.

I also heard that it closed 8/24/18 so I think actually finally happened!

I wonder if the current general manager will stay?  I will be interested in hearing from longtime customers about what changes will be coming.

Much has happened on this subject while this forum was down.  J.D. Hamilton did buy Indian Hills Resort Alligator II,  promptly changed the name to Lake Cumberland Marina, and announced a 20% increase in slip rates for 2019.  My wife and I counted at least 16 new boats here at Wolf Creek that arrived in the last 10 days and we hear several more are on the way.  WCM does not many vacancies for covered cruisers, but we still have several standard and premium houseboat slips.  We hear that the restaurant and store have been shut down and gutted for renovation.  I may ride up there today and take a look.

Time will tell how this business plan will work.